Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Unfinished business

As promised today will start my week of WIPs. I am a bit ashamed of how many things I've got going right now, but I blame it on the thesis and living in a suitcase. My dear friend, who worries to much about things, has made a deal with herself - you can only have one real big worry at any time. You have to chose and leave the rest behind, otherwise it will weigh you down. So, I won't worry about all these projects - I'll be happy when they are done and I have an almost new wardrobe.
I like knitting socks, but I like some socks more than others. Right now I have three pairs on the needles.

The purples are my SKA November Mystery - the pattern is Twisted Mockery by Lisa Stichweh. This is another pair of mystery socks that I really like and will definitely finish, but they had to give way for Christmas knitting. I hope to bring them on the plane going to the states later this month.

The middle sock is a lonely single of a pair of Kai-Meis by Cookie A. They are for my worrying friend and I had hoped to finish them for Christmas, but that's just not going to happen. I love the pattern as much as any Cookie A pattern, but I hate the yarn. It too bad I have chosen crap yarn every time I make this pattern. I have another pair for my friend and these will become a Spring surprise for her instead.

The grey sock was meant to be a pair of Chains for my Grandad. They are also not going to be ready for Christmas - I liked the look of the leg, but the heel/foot part is just not right. I have knitted on after this photo was taken, ripped, knit again and now I'm unsure if these will end up being frogged all together.

I do actually have another pair on the needles. But these have been in a bag on the bottom of my huge knitting basket for way over a year now, so I had completely forgotten about them.
The Snicket Socks by Sabine Riefler were in my queue way before I was knitting socks with patterns. And the yarn was bought with the pattern in mind. But my own pair of Snickets are sadly still not finished. I don't know what happened, I just kept making mistakes all the time and fighting my way through. And then I lost interest in knitting them, but not enough to frog completely, 'cause I still really want a pair for me. This will have to become a goal for 2011 to be sure I can wear Snickets someday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a giveaway on my blog for a pretty ring from bobbins & bits if you'd like to check it out. :) x
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you so please feel free to leave a comment anytime